https://facebook.com/Lizsknitting/

Monday 31 October 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

Yes it is that time of year again - where does the time go? It doesn't seem long since we were waiting for long summer days (ok I know this is England - summer isn't exactly what it should be!), lots of daylight days and warm sunshine on our faces.

However, yesterday the clocks went back an hour - mercifully an extra hour in bed for me, rather than an extra hour to work on a night shift! So it is now dark around 5pm. Soon we will all be going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. Gone are the long daylight filled days and the days are getting shorter still!

Winter feels like it is just around the corner, if memory serves me right we had a flurry of snow last October and forecasters did say we would get some this year too....only 13 more hours of October left and it doesn't show signs of snow at least!!! I must admit I do love crisp winter morning, walking through fresh snow, all wrapped up! Better than soggy, foggy, damp days, when everywhere is muddy. I'm sure the seasons are going by quicker or just kind of blending into one.

But today it is damp, misty and chilly - a perfect Halloween. I wonder what everyone will be dressing up as tonight? Are you going to parties? Treat or treating? Or hiding behind the sofa when kids come knocking?! Perhaps you already had your parties at the weekend?

Despite the fact that Darren loves this time of year, perfect for putting on his creations (he is a special effects make up artist), we are not doing anything this year. He has been busy making things for 2 films, so his personal projects got put aside. We are going out for tea though. I doubt we'll get any trick or treaters, for the last 2 years no-one came, so all the sweets were wasted (neither of us eats sweets), so I've not bought any this year. Of course it would be sods law that LOADS come now!!! Halloween isn't a big thing here in England. For some it's just another night to get dressed up, act stupid and get too drunk!

Anyway as it's my day off I'm watching some classic ghosty films: The Canterville Ghost  the 1996  remake not the 1944  original - must admit I prefer the original!! Then The Cat and the Canary 1939 and The Ghost Breakers 1940, both with Bob Hope and Paulette Goddard.

A perfect day for curling up on the sofa to knit and crochet!

However, I must also prepare myself for a job interview tomorrow, well it is more of a promotion. It is my job with with alot more responsibility (and a good pay rise). I would really love to get it, it would be a step in the right direction for me and assist with my Social Work degree....so fingers crossed please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment...come again soon! :)