OK drum roll please......the moment we've all been waiting for...ok so me and Darren!!...the finished warm and snuggly, thick and cuddly and oh so colourful blankie!!!!
It has been wonderful to wrap myself up in it whilst laid out on the sofa this last week. It has been finished to perfectly time with the cold weather too! I have made it for us to snuggle under on the sofa, not for the bed. For a size guide - this is a super king size bed!
I love it so much that I want to make another one! Not because I want the experience of making - don't get me wrong I enjoyed every moment...but because I don't want to share it with Darren...I want my own!!! So we'll probably get one each now!! Somehow, I don't think that Darren will object!!
My blanket was made using 100% acrylic yarn. It is 80 stripes (160 rows) plus a border of 4 rows of border. The starting chain was 300. There are 12 colours. I used between 150 - 200g of each colour. Some colours have more stripes than others, so I used more of the yarn.
My colours were chosen randomly but as I went along I tried to even the colours out. I also wanted to ensure that the same colours were not used too close together.
I started the blanket at the end of June and finished it last week. So that's about 4 months.
What can I say...I love it love it love it!!!!
Another Online Class, Coming Soon!
1 day ago