https://facebook.com/Lizsknitting/

Sunday 31 October 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

So what you all up to? Treat or Treating? Halloween parties? Staying in watching scary films? Or just pretending there is no-one home when kids come knocking?!!

We did the scary film night last night - as we do most nights! We watched Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street - classic scary films of our generation! I grew up watching the horror of the 1930's and 40's and whilst these are true classics - you can't beat the 70's and 80's for horrors!

When I first saw Nightmare on Elm Street (on tv) I was babysitting on Halloween, for a girl and boy, I was about 18-19 yrs old and had my knitting with me.....too many similarities!!!!! It really freaked me out!!! I quickly ran to make sure all the doors and windows were locked!

Tonight York City Screen Cinema is screening the 3rd and final series of the web series that Darren has been busy working on  - Zomblogalypse (a video blog about a zombie apocalypse). The final episode is being premiered tonight on the big screen before it goes online!! Darren as you can imagine is rather giddy about this!! Whilst he worked on Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban (fx technician) and Evil Aliens (he made the alien teeth), this is the most spfx work he has done (along with partner Ian) for any film/series!! I'm very proud of you babe!!! xx

3 comments:

  1. We did nothing...thank fully! I am not one for Halloween...never have been. And I don't like Horrow unless it's Dracular...boring I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was the door runner opening the door hehe many congrat's to Darren you must be as proud as he awww

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did the trick or treating bit but ours was last Thursday. Our little city is quite odd. I love the old Friday the 13ths (watched the 1st 9 not too long ago on the television), Halloweens, Sleepaway Camps, and Nightmare on Elm streets!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment...come again soon! :)