https://facebook.com/Lizsknitting/

Tuesday 26 October 2010

More than just a cold?

Probably.

I was on the late shift at work yesterday for a grand total of 90 mins then I was sent home. I was being sick and my breathing had become dreadful. My heart was racing and I was shaking. My asthma inhaler ran out and couldn't get a replacement before work. I also had to make an appointment to get a new one! First available appointment - next MONDAY!!!!!!! So I asked for a doctor to ring me at work. My asthma doesn't affect my daily, it is when I get bad colds/chest infections that I need my inhaler.

Luckily just as I was about to leave work, one of managers gave me her inhaler (same type as mine!). This definately saved me as it was just after 7pm when I finally heard from my doctor (good that he rang at that time though!) He gave me an appointment for today, I don't have a chest infection (which I knew) and although my peak flow (measurement for how my asthma is - lung capacity) is low, it isn't dangerously/worringly low.

So I'm just gonna take it easy and keep breathing! Strange that my cough only really started yesterday morning and developed to this so quickly.


Hope everyone is ok and healthy!! For anyone who is poorly - get well soon!!! xx

2 comments:

Thank you very much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment...come again soon! :)